Exclusive Use Highland Lodge
Make a Direct Enquiry
Mar Lodge Estate
From Braemar, a relaxing drive alongside the River Dee brings you to Mar Lodge Estate. En route you’ll enjoy wonderful views of Ben Macdui, Glen Quoich and the Linn of Quoich, one of Queen Victoria’s favourite picnic spots. Upon entering the Estate, a short drive through landscaped woodland
leads you to the Lodge and a warm Highland welcome.
Part of our Connoisseurs’ Collection, the Lodge contains five luxurious Adam Revival-style apartments offering self-catering accommodation for up to 31 guests.
Additionally, Claybokie and Creag Bhalg, two magnificent four-star cottages commanding uninterrupted views across the River Dee and Glen Ey, can accommodate 18 guests.
With our bunkhouse accommodation sleeping a further 12, Mar Lodge Estate can accommodate a total of 61 guests. Catering and daily servicing of rooms is available by prior arrangement.
Exciting activities at Mar Lodge Estate
Whether you’re staying for a weekend or a week, for your wedding or corporate event, there is a wide range of activities on offer at Mar Lodge Estate.
- Ranger-led walks: from gentle wildlife-spotting strolls through the heather and woodland to adventurous Munro-bagging.
- Early bird safaris: journey out with an estate driver-guide at dawn to see the waking of the black grouse, then back to the Lodge for a hearty
- The perfect shot: bring your camera and venture out with our estate stalkers to experience and capture at first hand the majestic sight of
stags roaming the hills.
- Clay pigeon shooting and archery
- Traditional field sports, including stag stalking, grouse shooting and salmon fishing These and other activities are available by prior arrangement.